1950— Guy Wilson Sr. and Robert S. Moser opened The Town & Country Pharmacy in North Johnson City at the intersection of North Roan Street and Browns Mill Road.
1955— First institutional pharmacy contract was signed to supply prescription medications to nursing homes.
1983— A computer was purchased to process retail and nursing home prescriptions.
1985— The pharmacy began mixing sterile IV products to service home and institutionalized patients.
1988— A unit dose distribution system was developed to service nursing home clients.
1990— The pharmacy operation was moved from Walnut Street to a new building in the Franklin Medical Park on State of Franklin Road.
1991— A second building was built to house the finance and administrative functions of the pharmacy. Also, the first contract was signed with a hospital to manage its in-house institutional pharmacy. Today small specialty hospitals are serviced with Pyxis technology.
1997— An Information Technology officer was hired and information technology department formed to meet needs for better tracking of clinical and financial information data.
1999— The unit dose distribution system became fully automated with an AutoMed machine. Today there are three new versions of AutoMed in operation.
2007— Organizational structure changes. Separation of institutional pharmacy as Pharmacy Network Services, Inc. and Clinical Management Concepts, Inc. Ownership remained the same but separate corporations were established.
2010— Compounding laboratory was set up to accommodate growing demand for specialty compounded products.
2011— A branch institutional pharmacy was opened in Smyrna, TN, to service a growing client base in Middle Tennessee. Retail and infusion pharmacy divisions were sold.
2012— New building added in Franklin Medical Park to house expansion of Pharmacy Network Services and ProCompounding Pharmacy. ProCompounding Pharmacy name branded and established under its own pharmacy board license.
2012— Pharmacy Network Services is the FIRST and ONLY long-term care pharmacy in Tennessee that is capable of receiving e-prescriptions through the SureScripts network for controlled substances.